CHINA – On 31 May 2011, Chief Veterinary Officer Yu Kangzhen met with New Zealand Fonterra Co-operative Group Global CEO Andrew Ferrier. They exchanged views on matters related to strengthening cooperation in the field of dairy industry.
Mr Kangzhen said he greatly appreciated the development of dairy cooperation between China and Fonterra, acknowledging the increase in NZ dairy exports to China.
Mr Kangzhen said that NZ could continue to help China in many ways:
- Cooperation in supervision over quality and safety of fresh milk
- Exchanges in breeding and improvement of dairy cows
- Technical cooperation in quality and safety of fresh milk production
- Demonstrations of large-scale dairy cow farming
- Strengthening of dairy farmer training and technical skills
Mr Ferrier agreed with what Mr Kangzhen said, and noted that Fonterra would have closer cooperation and coordination with various authorities and regions through joint efforts for greater achievements.
Information TheCattleSite News Desk